January 18, 2010

GG: Hits & Misses

The 2010 Golden Globes aired last night and although I missed the broadcast because I am currently stationed in Paris (tres magnifique) I could not wait to see what the stars chose for the red carpet. I would have to say Emily Blunt was my absolute favorite! Her choice encompassed the months to come-feminine pastels, especially lavender and rose, along with ruffles and sheer materials are most definitely in for spring. Check out some of the hits and misses:

Emily Blunt in Dolce & Gabbana
Flirty and elegant, a truly beautiful look.

Kate Hudson in Marchesa
Kate plays well with some geometric angles, but I definitely would've ditched the white platform for a sleeker, nude heel.

Penelope Cruz in Giorgio Armani Prive
A classic and timeless look, as expected from Miss Cruz.

Jaime Pressly in Kevan Hall
Jaime looks like a golden goddess! I love this dress so much.

Jennifer Aniston in Valentino Couture
Ooh la la. A bit more elegant than her usual choices. Love.

As for the misses...

Chloe Sevigny in Valentino
The bottom of the dress is beautiful but the top is too distracting for the eye, it needs a little more shape.

Nicole Kidman in Nina Ricci
Horrible choice of material and color...and this shape does not cater to her body type at all!

Diane Kruger in Christian Lacroix
I love you Christian Lacroix, but when I look at this dress it just screams 80's prom to me. Ick.

No comments:

Post a Comment